Veeam is one of the rare companies where their upper management actively engage with their tech community. Anton Gostev, Senior Vice President of Product Management, is a very good example of this engagement done right.
It may surprise you to know that Anton compiles a weekly newsletter adivsing people on a wide range of Veeam, and from time to time non-Veeam, related activities/news .. “The Word from Gostev“.
How do you subscribe to this newletter? Well there is no conventional “sign me up” page as such. Subscription is handled through the Veeam forums (forums.veeam.com)
- You will need a Veeam forum account, so if you do have an account, head over to forums.veeam.com and sign up.
- Sign into the forums.
- At the top left , click on User Control Panel
- In the user control panel click on Board preferences
- Now in Board preferences find the section Subscribe to weekly digest of top forum topics and set to Yes , then Submit
- You will be notified that your preferencese have been updated.
- Now you should receive the weekly newsletter, to enjoy over your morning cuppa 🙂
In the 6+ years I have been using Veeam, I can count on one hand the number on times Anton has not delivered his weekly newsletter, which considering his postition is quite a feat.